Introducing the Carina Side Table, a stunning and functional addition to your living room from LEOPARD Furniture. This modern side table features a solid walnut wood top with finger-jointed pieces and 45-degree chamfered edges, giving it a sleek and contemporary look. The matt black metal legs provide a sturdy base and contrast nicely with the warm wood tones. With dimensions of 23.5″ x 23.5″ and 18″ height, this side table is the perfect size for placing next to your sofa or armchair. Like the Carina Coffee Table, each Carina Side Table is unique due to natural variations in the walnut wood. Pair it with the Carina Coffee Table for a perfect match of modern design and functionality.
The Colors of Walnut Wood
The colors found in walnut wood vary depending on what part of the tree the wood is from. The sapwood of the tree is the outermost part of the tree. In a walnut tree, the sapwood colors include pale yellow and gray to almost a rich white. The heartwood of the tree is the innermost part of the tree. In a walnut tree, the heartwood gets down to the nitty gritty with rich colors that include a range of dark browns and light browns with some purplish hues, grays, reddish rays, and dark streaks included.
Characteristics and Qualities of Walnut Wood
- Stable and hard
- Strong and durable, yet not heavy
- Dense with good shock resistance
- Easy to work with for turning and carving
- Nails and glues well
- Exhibits good bending qualities
- Finishes well
- A fine, fairly straight grain
- Resistant to decay
- Displays unique colors
- Unique grain characteristics make it popular
Is Walnut a Good Wood for Furniture?
- Often used for formal furniture and executive office furniture
- Often finished in a dark or natural stain to complement its dark shades
- It’s a hard wood and valued for its strength, grain and color
- Offers a very smooth finish